Thursday, August 27, 2009

FIRST First Day of School!





Well, today was the big day. Ella's very first day of school. She is doing all day Kindergarten, which is a big adjustment for all of us. If I hadn't had a strong feeling that this is what Ella should be doing, it would have been much harder. I can't believe my little girl is a full-fledged school-ager! When I picked her up from school I asked her what she learned and she said- "I learned that recess means the park." When I asked what she did all day she said, "Well, we ate, and we had recess (that's the park, Mom) then we ate and we had recess again." Maybe I'll get more info later. She has a lot of boys in her class. Everyone at her table was a boy. When she walked up to her spot, the little boy next to her pulled out her chair for her. It was too cute. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up with a boyfriend or two before the year is over.
Molly seemed a little displaced this morning, but by the time Ella got home I think she was just loving all the attention. I am excited about being able to spend more time just her and I. Last night Todd gave Ella a father's blessing, and Molly wanted one too. Todd talked about the special time that she and I will have together. Ella asked specifically about not being shy at school. She is very aware that that is something she deals with. I thought it was great that she thought to ask her Heavenly Father about that.
One day down, 200 and some odd days to go!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH! She is going to have a great time! Call me when you are on this side of town and we can have you and Molly over for lunch.

Jana said...

How sweet! I can't believe she's in school! Ella is so precious!

Nettina said...

Wow, is she really that big now?! I remember calling Matt while he was at BYU and just hearing Ella scream/cry... how time flies :) I had all day kindergarten too and was also quite shy, so I know just how she feels :-D

jamie t. said...

Wow, can youo believe that it is that time for our little girls. Anna doesn't start for two week, and I am also looking forward to spending time with just me and Brook.

Lacey said...

Ella is so pretty. Molly is a doll too, the picture of her standing by the door reminds me of you!

Anne Woods said...

oh wow! she looks all grown up! Glad it went well and she loved it. At least you know she was the cutest girl in the class! :) Love the pix with Ella'a eyes closed and Molly's expression... what characters!

lukeandjillfamily said...

Can you believe our kids are in school. I am still adjusting. Ella looks so grown up and cute. How are you liking your new home and ward? Your house is adorable.
love,
Jill

Kara said...

All day in school is such a hard thing at first. She'll do great!

Anne Woods said...

time for a new post! :)

(todd, pass this on to Aubrey for me, will ya?) :)