Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just Catching Up
















Its been a very long while since I have posted anything, so here's a few pictures that we've stored up over the last couple months. For the most part we've just been trying to adjust to a new life in Delaware along with Ella being in school all day. But we're hanging in there. We love our new home, Ella adores her new teachers and they love her right back. In fact at her parent/teacher conference last week her teacher said that Ella was the sweetest, kindest, most compassionate, wonderful little girl, and that she wished she had 15 more of her. I went away with the reaffirmation that we did the right thing putting her in school this year. Thats not to say its all been smooth going. She comes home grumpy about 95% of the time. I am pretty sure there is some switcheroo going on at her school, because the Ella they describe is definitely not the Ella that comes home at the end of the day. Getting her to talk about her day is like pulling teeth. "So, how was school today?" Grumpy stare. "That good, huh? Well, how was music class?" Another grumpy stare. "Really? I love that song." Now I get a reaction- "Stop that! I'm not saying anything!!" She has been making some friends, mostly of the boy variety. When Daddy told her that 'we don't like boys', she said- "I just like his face."
She's also decided that she doesn't like anything in her lunch. She vetoes everything I offer to put in her lunch bag, and doesn't want anything to do with the school lunches. Not that I blame her. Yesterday she wanted crackers for her lunch. Thats it. Just a baggie of Cheez-its. No grapes, no juice, no sandwich, no yogurt. When I tried to push the issue she ended up crying and chucking her lunchbag across the room. I figure she won't starve in 7 hours, right? Right?? I'm a little concerned about what her teachers must think though. I am well aware that crackers are not a sufficient lunch for a growing girl.
We also had the oppurtunity to enjoy some of Ohio's beautiful fall weather picking apples. It was a gorgeous day, and even the less enthusiastic of the group (a.k.a. Todd) enjoyed themselves.
The last picture is of Molly helping herself to an entire roll of cookie dough. I've taken to making a batch of cookie dough at the beginning of the week and freezing most of it in rolls for later in the week. Molly prefers them that way.

4 comments:

Nettina said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how blonde Molly is!! They're both adorable!

Jenny said...

Hooray, new pictures! It makes it feel like /i see you a little more often

Jenny

Jules said...

Thanks for finally posting new pictures. I love looking at them. miss ya

Jana said...

Cute pictures! My "little Toddy" is cute, too! :)
I love the comment about boys, "I just like his face!" You're in trouble because you were NOT blessed with ugly girls!