Saturday, March 22, 2008

Leprauchans, the Easter Bunny, and the Holy Ghost

Well, Ella has really loved being a Sunbeam. I love that she really seems to be taking things in. Every Sunday on the way home we talk about what the learned in Sunbeams that day. I've realized that although she is really listening, she also has no comprehension of a lot of the things they discuss. For example, since they learned about the Holy Ghost, she refers to him quite often. She'll bring out her Halloween books and ask me to read the one about the Holy Ghost. On St. Patricks Day, after the leprauchans left us a little treat, she informed me that she heard them last night. Along with the Easter Bunny and the Holy Ghost. She said- That Holy Ghost is pretty scary, Mom. I said, no, he's nice, remember? She told me- Not anymore, Mom. I told you he's pretty scary.

I've been trying to talk to her about Easter, and how Jesus died for us. But unfortunately, that translates in her three year old mind to- "Jesus keeps on dying. But thats okay, because the princesses will save Him." She then proceeds to have all of the princesses take turns riding on the horse to go save Jesus. Then they sing I am a Child of God. Its still too soon to worry, right? :)

5 comments:

Kara said...

She is too cute. Atleast she knows that there is a holy ghost. She will soon understand. Don't worry. :)

Anne Woods said...

I am cracking up... I think my family can take responsibility for the misconceptions of the Holy Ghost and leprachans. YOU might not want her to hang out with us too much anymore. I am picturing the princesses on horseback riding...

Terra said...

What an imagination she has! So cute. We tried to explain the Holy Ghost to Paul and he very forcefully said,"I do NOT have a ghost in me."

HoneyGram & Papa said...

I'm so glad you responded to my blog. Your babies are darling! Keep teaching & praying. Good job! I keep up with your dad this way too. Check out Sarah's from links on my blog. You'll see her new baby.

Jen said...

Kids have such funny imaginations! I think it is cute, especially the "princesses".