Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Rite of Passage?



Molly came up the stairs this morning announcing- "I gave myself a haircut with my little scissors!" I couldn't believe it. Which is funny, because nothing should surprise me any more with this child. I was almost in tears. And she says to me- "It's funny! Laugh!" Which I eventually did. I think it really could have been a lot worse. Its almost salvagable. I mean, it was bound to happen at some point or another, right?? So I should just be glad that I can make them into somewhat believable bangs. It gets a little too short in the back, but I guess that will just have to grow out. She was feeling pretty proud of herself and even admiring herself in every mirror she passed. I informed her that she will not be allowed to use her scissors anymore, and she said- "Oh. That's too bad." Maybe one day she'll put all of her creative energies towards a good cause. Until then I am keeping the scissors well hidden.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

yea you posted. Okay I saw the pictures before I read the post and thougth wow Molly's hair is so cute she has bangs and they are so cute on her. Maybe the pictures don't do the cut justice but I say she did a pretty good job. Don't tell her I said that

Jenny said...

onemore thing you painted do you like it?