Monday, August 3, 2009

We've got a biter!

So I've heard that some kids are biters, some aren't. Ella wasn't. Molly evidently is. She's gotten me twice already. When she bit Ella today I realized that time out wasn't going to cut it. At the daycare I used to work for we had a biter whose parents wanted us to give him Tabasco sauce every time he bit. It worked, but I just didn't have it in me to give that to her. So I opted for lemon juice instead. In the future, I recommend finding a punishment that doesn't crack you up. I squirted the juice in her mouth, and then proceeded to laugh so hard at her face that it was hardly a punishment. I could tell she didn't like it, and she almost started to cry before she saw how hard I was laughing. Which made her laugh. Only time will tell if that was enough to get her to stop biting!

2 comments:

Tiar Hatley said...

We had a biter and we tried many things. But the winner was the tobasco also. I think vinegar works to. It is not an easy punishment. We had to crack down because the damage he was going beyond teeth marks. Once he broke skin we had to do all it took to get him to stop and it was HARD. Gook Luck!

Sheila said...

We've had far too many of those situations where any hope of serious discipline is lost because of our inability to supress our laughter. The kids just end up thinking they are so cute and clever!