Friday, July 31, 2009

Poor Baby...



Yesterday I found my oven full of plastic bowls and other non-oven safe things AFTER preheating it to 400 degrees. In the midst of reprimand one of the bowls started to crack in half, so I quickly grabbed it- with oven mitts- and put it in the sink. As I turn to do that, Molly reaches up to grab the small metal colander to put it in the sink. She got a pretty nasty burn across her hand. It was truly heartbreaking. She cried for a good hour and a half, and I couldn't put her down. We went through about a dozen bags of ice. She wouldn't let it go- she cried every time it left her hand. I tried to doctor it up a little bit before she went to bed with some stuff to soothe it and a gauze bandage. At least it took my mind off the fact that they ruined my very favorite yellow bowl. And I learned an important lesson. Always check the oven before turning it on.

3 comments:

Beth said...

So sad and so frustrating. Poor little Molly.

jamie t. said...

Poor thing! Burns hurt so much.

Sorry about your favorite bowl too

Stopher and Nicolle said...

sad! you're the second friend this week to have a toddler get burnt from the oven...maybe it's in the air! your girls are soooooooooo cute! despite their habits (ie biting)