Saturday, September 27, 2008

Worthy of a Post



So a few weeks ago the girls lugged a bag of dried beans from the pantry into their room to play 'kitchen'. I let them enjoy that for a couple of days before I got tired of finding little bowls and cups of beans all over the place. The last straw was the bowl of beans and water I found marinating by the sink in their bathroom. About a week after I (thought) I had gotten rid of all of the beans, I was helping Ella into the bathroom to brush her teeth, and I found this little sprout coming out of the drain. I was confused for a second wondering how Ella had gotten the plant from until I realized that it had grown from one of the beans that must have gotten stuck in the drain. We got a pretty good laugh out of it. A few days ago Todd discovered two more sprouts making their way out of the drain. I have no idea how many got washed down the sink. It was pretty amazing. I finally got Ella to hold them for a picture. She didn't want to touch the sprouts. I asked what the problem was, she picks flowers all the time. She informed me "I only like to hold beautiful flowers, Mom. Not gross ones."

9 comments:

Stopher and Nicolle said...

this is too funny...and kinda gross, too. who knew that i could have a garden right here in my own drain? thanks for the gardening tip!

AMY MICHELLE said...

I love what kids say... not gross ones. That is soooo funny that you have plants growing in your drain! I wish I could get things to grow that easy!

Lacey said...

Aubrey
Your girls sure have grown. Last time I saw you Ella was a baby or you may have been pregnant. It's so good to see pics of you, you haven't changed (tiny and cute like your mom)! We need to keep in touch.
Lacey
bradnlacey@msn.com

Lacey said...

Ok I didn't mean Ella I meant Molly!

Anne Woods said...

yeah for a new post! Love the bean story- what a classic! Looks like a fun time camping- love the! hugging picture

Jandi said...

Aub,
Your pictures are adorable! Your girls are just beautiful! I love that the beans grew from the drain! That is so funny. Keep in touch!

Jessica said...

Maybe you could weave the whole beans growing from the sink into some kind of Jack and the Bean stalk story.

Kara said...

You guys are the winners for the most amazing stories. You guys crack me up! Beans growing out of a drain...wow...what are the chances of that? Your girls are the best. I love the things they have to say.

Jules said...

Oh my that is so funny!