Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring time and sore throats!








I thought that we had been pretty lucky making it through winter without really getting sick at all. But apparently, we just decided to get it all in one week. Ella started out the week with a cold that developed into strep throat, and a week later, Molly started in on the same cough and fever. I took her to the doctor this morning, and it turns out she has strep throat, a double ear infection, and they put her on chest treatments because her cough was so bad and she had so much fluid in her lungs. My poor baby! I felt so awful having to load her up on medications tonight before putting her to bed. This is the first time I've had to take her to the doctor for being sick. She did not like it. Especially the five minutes (literally) I had to try and hold her still while the nurse tried to get her to breathe into the mask to clear her lungs.
On a better note, its finally sunny outside! We walk to the park whenever we get a chance, and the girls love it. We have a little playground in our complex that in my opinion is pretty lame, but there is never anyone there, and its fenced off so that the girls can just run around all they want and I don't have to chase them! You can't put a price on that.
I don't have a picture of my little sickies, but I do have a picture of us enjoying the long-awaited sunshine, so I thought I would share that. I thought the girls looked so cute sitting there together eating their popsicles.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Your girls are so cute. Sorry they both got sick. I know what it is like to try and hold a little girl while the nurse is trying to make them breath through a mask with stuff coming out. it is so sad :( We have had to do that in the doctors office with Brooklyn plus when she was in the hospital that is how she got her treatments. I hope they are doing better. How is selling the headbands and clips going?

jamie t. said...

I so sorry your girls were sick. I hope they feel better quickly. It is nice that you've have nice weather. Maurisa said that it has been very warm. I can't believe how cute and cubby Molly is. She is getting so big.

Kara said...

Strep is the worse. I'm glad they are feeling better. I love Molly's face in the last picture of her and ella together.
Some of my fav. pics of my boys are them eating pop cycles together. It seems to be the only occation where they are sitting still by each other.