Friday, November 9, 2007

A Time for Thanksgiving...

My friend Jamie tagged me to write a post about all the many things that I am grateful for. I am glad I have this excuse to ponder about all the many blessings in my life, especially before the holidays. So here I go!
First and foremost, I am grateful for the gospel. Honestly, where would I be without it? It brings peace to me throughout all the trials that life brings. I know that by living it, we will be blessed. We can be happy. We can live with Him again. And that is the greatest blessing.
I am grateful for the oppurtunity to serve. I love the joy it brings, and how it helps you to become a more selfless person. I love my calling to serve in the Primary. It is such a blessing to be a part of teaching those children and sharing in their special spirit.
I am thankful for Ella. She is such a loving little girl. She also teaches me to be a more patient person! She helps me to realize that there are more important things in life than a clean house. And also that it is okay to go to the store in a tutu, rain boots and fairy wings.
I am thankful for Molly. She has such a special spirit. She is always happy, and brings a lot of laughter to our home. Both of my girls make me so grateful for the oppurtunity to be a mother, something I try to never take advantage of. I wake up every morning so excited to see their little faces and get a big hug, and a sloppy kiss from Moose.
I am thankful for family. I am grateful for parents that raised me well, and led by example. I am grateful for the support that they are always giving us. Thank you!
I am grateful for Todd. He works so hard at work and school so that he can provide for us, and so that I can stay home and do what I love, being a mom. He is a great daddy to our little girls, and they love him so much. Thank you.
I am so blessed to have all of these things, to have a healthy family, to have a warm home and food on the table. I am grateful for all of my wonderful friends. They are always there to help. Even if its just to make those long hours until dinnertime seem a little shorter. :)
Thank you for having me do this Jamie! I am tagging my dad, Terra, Kara, Jamie B. and Jenny.

0 comments: