Monday, September 10, 2007

Kids say the darndest things!

So I took both the girls to the Verizon store a couple of days ago in a fruitless attempt to get a new phone. There was one guy working there, and after 45 minutes of sitting around waiting for him to finish with the person he was helping (who, I would like to add, came in after me with no kids in tow) I was just about ready to walk out the door. Ella had been telling me for about 10 minutes that it was 'time to go to a new store', and I kept telling her to wait just a few more minutes. Finally, after her latest, "We don't need to wait a few more minutes, Mommy, we can go to new store now" - and me responding, "You are being so patient- 5 more minutes, okay?" She suddenly yells at me, "OH! Look, Mommy, quick! Our car is leaving and there aren't any people in it!!"
Okay. Point taken. :)

2 comments:

bec said...

I did some illustrations for a book that is just for writing down funny things like that, so I'll have to send you one whenever it gets printed.

Kara said...

That is so funny! What a smart little girl.
love,
Kara