Thursday, August 30, 2007

Marathon time!!

Okay, so the big day is in 4 weeks. I have been training for a half-marathon for months, and I can't believe I only have 4 weeks left to be ready!! I have been revamping my iPod to include great workout music for my run. It is amazing how a great song can give you a burst of energy! (For the next three minutes anyway!) So I was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas for some good songs to add to my music. Something that will give me energy to keep on running!! (And running, and running and running...)

3 comments:

bec said...

I loved running a half marathon! If only you were still in Provo, we could have trained together. My favorite running song is "I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)" by the proclaimers. Good luck! Make sure you dump some gatorade on your head.

Terra said...

I'm so impressed that you're running a marathon. Wow. I don't think I could run 1/2 a block without getting winded--I'm so out of shape. Good luck!

Karen said...

Hi Aubrey!
I was helping Natalie Clarke tonight with her blog and saw yours, so I'm checking it out! Good for you and your 1/2!! That's a goal for me.. then a full marathon, but that will be a while. Here are the songs I've been loving while I'm running this summer:

"Fidelity"--Regina Spektor
"Love Song"--Sara Bareilles
"Love You I Do"--Jennifer Hudson (from Dreamgirls)
"No Such Thing"--John Mayer
"Pig"--Dave Matthews (my fave song of all time)

I don't know if they're up your alley, but I love them. Hope you guys are doing well! I'll be up in Columbus next weekend and we're doing a girls night on Friday, so come if you can! Talk to Janine...