Monday, July 30, 2007

Our funny girl



Ella has been growing up so fast! She is talking so much and you can really start to see the wheels turning in her head.
In an attempt to get her to eat better dinners and help clean up, we told her that if she ate a good dinner and put her dishes in the sink for two weeks, she could get this Princess doll she has been wanting. Now every time she finds something she wants she tells me, "Eat good dinners, then get this one, okay Mommy?" Why do I get the idea that she missed the point somewhere?
One of her latest Ella-isms: She calls church 'the Jesus store'. At least she knows why we are there!
She is also very aware of "nakedness" these days. She is very quick to point out everytime she sees someone without a shirt on. Today we were in the parking lot, and there was a small family next to us getting into their car. She told me, "Look! That boy has a daddy, just like Ella has a daddy." Then she told me, "Why is his Mommy nakey?" (She wasn't exactly naked, just a very large woman with a very small tube top on). I pretended I didn't hear the question, as they were still within earshot. Unfortunately, this being such an important observation of hers, she decided to ask much louder. "His Mommy is nakey, Mommy!!" So I gave the lady a small smile and a nod, and got the heck out of there. It was almost as bad as the time she informed me that the lady next to us had "Crazy hair". Gotta love her!!

0 comments: