Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth of July

my little firecrackers

daddy and ella


enjoying the spoils of the parade

enjoying one of the highlights of the fourth of july


seriously, do sparklers ever get old? i think not.
watching the neighbors fireworks. we were too cheap to buy our own..
according to dad, the holidays require soda. no comment.
Happy 4th! We had a last minute visit from Todd's parents, so we got to enjoy most of the holiday with them and our Smith cousins. We went to a parade on Saturday, and then caught the Delaware firework show on Sunday night. We had a great time. Surprisingly, Molly was tired of the fireworks after about 30 seconds. It was a 30 minute show. She spent the rest of the time climbing on people or smacking her cousins on the head. I think she would have been happier with her own box of sparklers. We were putting the used sparklers in a bucket of water. When we ran out Molly said- just dry them off. Then we'll have some more. I love three-year-old logic. The girls loved the parade so much that they wanted to put on their own parade when they got home. They decorated their wagon with flags they made themselves, then wrote poems and made 4th of July bracelets to hand out to people. It was very sweet. Now it's just up to me to take them around the neighborhood. I'm starting to wish I knew my neighbors..

2 comments:

Terra said...

Your girls are so beautiful--i think I always say that. The parade only made it 1/4 of the way down the street before the candy won out, but they had fun! Too bad you don't live closer--we would have had a smashing time.

Sam said...

I love the recent updates. Ella looks so big and her hair is getting so long and pretty. I will call you today or tomorrow- we've been in Utah for a couple weeks.