Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

The Christmas spirit has hit our house big time. Ella asks me on a daily basis when Christmas will be here. We've really had to reinforce that Christmas is about Jesus, not Santa. A great example happened during her bedtime prayer the other night- "Thank you that Santa can come to our house in his sleigh. Thank you for his reindeers. And thank you for Jesus Christ. And thank you that he has a good list and a bad list and he's checking it twice. But help us to be good, for goodness sake." She really had us cracking up!

2 comments:

Kara said...

It is hard for kids to really understand the true meening of Christmas. I say to my kids daily "you better watch out...Santa is watching you". I think I need to focus my thoughts and words differently.
Ella is so cute. We've had some pretty funny prayers too. Kids are the cutest!

Terra said...

How funny. Too bad that's not on video.