Sunday, September 30, 2007

I did it!!





Todd and the girls were there at the finish line when I came through. It was the coolest feeling. They shake your hand as you cross the finish line, and then put the medal around your neck. It was a little depressing when the first place marathoner came in about three minutes after me, though... :)




Todd watched the girls while I ran, and even took them to a couple of mile markers to wave and cheer me on. It was awesome! Ella was pretty upset when I left. They waited at the 10 mile marker for me to run by, and when I did Ella came running out onto the course to give me a big hug, and started running after me. It was so sweet!




Yesterday we went to Akron and I finished the Roadrunner Half-Marathon!! What a rush!! It was so much fun. The weather was perfect and it was really exciting. Today I feel like I got hit by a bus, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait to do it again. Well, I can probably wait a few months. :) It was harder then I thought. Most of the course was uphill, including the last mile. But I did the whole thing without walking, so I was pretty proud of myself.

3 comments:

bec said...

Good job! That is so awesome! The Provo half marathon I did was about 80% downhill - I think that makes a big difference, I never would have survived an uphill course.

Terra said...

Wow! I am so impressed--great job. I wish we could go celebrate with a chocolate rock :)

Jules said...

Aubs! Congrats. I keep meaning to call you and I think I just might after this email. Wasn't all that training worth it. Don't worry about the 1st marathoner coming in right after you. I was 6th to the last out of over 300 for my marathon. Just remember you accomplished your goal and so many people still have not.